Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Yahtzee Board. A Classic Project from my Past

Yahtzee Playing Tray
Yahtzee is a dice game that can be played by 2 or many people at the same time. Players take turns throwing the dice and hoping to see a useful set of numbers they can mark as found on their scorecards.

Yahtzee Scorecards at Amazon.com

On the web you can also find scorecard images you can print out for yourself.  Instructions for the game are also available: Wikipedia

My Grandfather made this playing tray for his grandkids to use when they visited.  24.5" long x 15.625" wide, and 3.5" tall. The carpet floor softened the sounds the dice made when thrown. The sides kept the dice contained.  It was a great success and helped keep family members entertained and together for some fun. The carpeted bottom  I'm sure was Grandpa's ode to silence, something I'm sure 6 noisy grandkids made difficult to find.  

Corner Detail
I live alone now, and am hoping one of my siblings might want this tray.  I'm tempted to make a new one from some hardwood and with no duct tape or paint, although I doubt I can improve upon the joy Grandpa endowed into his version. 

Comments and questions always appreciated!

4D

No comments: