Search This Blog

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Zero Clearance Fence for my Miter Saw

 The normal gap between fence sides of most miter saws is wide enough to allow rotating the blade angle or tilting the blade for angled or compound miter cuts.  This gap width is a bit dangerous for making small cutoffs.  The small cutoff part can get kicked back and thrown by the blade. 

I made this zero-clearance fence add-on to add safety to my Bosch Glide miter saw. 

Zero Clearance
The saw already had holes in the fence side for bolts.  A quick measure of height off the bed and location side-to-side of all the holes and I drew of patterns for these parts in my CNC software.   What the CNC thought it would be cutting out:

Cut from 1/2" plywood
The slots allow me to slide the plywood back one inch.  The top half of the fence itself can be loosened and slid back to allow miter cuts with the blade tipped down. I can open up the gap a small amount for angled miter cuts with the blade remaining vertical. 

1/4-20 T-bolts are used with wing nuts on the back side to hold the add-ons in place. 

I've posted a .CRV3D (Aspire) and a .CRV (VCarve) file on Vectric's forum for anyone using their software. 

Comments welcomed

4D

No comments: