Search This Blog

Monday, January 1, 2024

A Flashlight Stand. Not all Projects are Complex.

I bought a new pickup truck. Then I bought a set of side step rails to install on it. 

To install the brackets for the rails I had to crawl under the truck.  It was dark under there but I had a flashlight.

I needed both hands to install the brackets, and holding the flashlight so I could see the working area was a challenge. 

I needed a base to mount the flashlight in so it would stay upright and aimed. 

Scrap of wood. 15 degree hole.

Nothing pretty.  A scrap of wood left over from a previous project.  Unusual shape, but a good weight and broad footprint to keep the flashlight from easily being knocked over.  

I used my CNC with my adjustable angle clamping fixture to hold the board at 15 degrees from horizontal. The hole was just a bit larger than the base of the flashlight so I could line it with some cork. The cork provides a good friction fit so the flashlight stays in place. 

My Adjustable Clamping Fixture. 

Simple.  

Useful.

4D

 


No comments: